Sunday, January 21, 2007

La-OutLoud

Hello, I created this blogspot to chronicle my weightloss efforts. In this I will try to include pictures of myself looking the way I look now today, at 225 pounds. Feeling not too good and having a weightloss goal of about 165 pounds. I am actually starting today on altering the way I eat. Today is Sunday and this past Friday and Saturday I ate out at a bufet for diner. Each time I ate so much that I felt like my stomach was going to pop. 2 day in a row. I was recently diagnosed with Diabetes and I took my fasting bloodsugar this morning and it was 244. So I've decided that if I want to live I have to do this formyself. Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to read this. I will let you know of my achievments.

Lateefah

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I bet you're the same Lateefah that I heard about on This Fat Life. I love that show!

Here is my advice (and I am no expert): since you've already committed to losing weight on your own and asked how to begin running, I think you should begin WALKING. That is the first step (pardon the pun!) If it's too cold or you don't have the necessary childcare, you can buy a walking DVD. My friend recently got one and it was like a 2 mile DVD or something and she said that she really enjoyed it.

But I have to offer my two cents on weight loss: WEIGHT WATCHERS is the way to go! I learned sooooo much about food while being a WW.

Whatever you do, keep blogging about it. I find that it holds me accountable. And please keep me posted! I feel very honored that you asked for my advice!!!

Susan said...

P.S. I weighed 211.5 pounds 4.5 years ago when I started WW. At one point I had lost 56.5 pounds!!!!! At this point I'm in the mid 160's.